Sunday, May 12, 2013

Stripes with Bold Colors

I bought this shirt a few months ago. I had every intention of wearing it but it was very tight around my arms. I'm pretty sure everybody knows Forever 21's policy, you can't return anything!!! I decided to give myself a personal challenge. I would continue my weight loss journey and see how the shirt fit. Although I haven't worked out in a month (after losing 13 lbs.), I thought I had gained some of the weight back. Surprisingly, I went to try the shirt on this morning and it fit!!!


 
(Excuse my fitting room, had to excuse myself at work! haha)

This was my first draped-back shirt and I think I pulled it off! I decided since I had a bold colored top, my striped pencil skirt would be nice break up. I usually can't wear a button-up by itself because of the gaping in the chest area. Then, when I looked in my closet I saw my thin, teal belt I had on another skirt and I decided to add it on. I think these colors look great together. The only thing I think I was missing was bold necklace, probably including those teal colors. I'll have to look around!


My skirt is the same as the floral skirt in my other post. It can switch from a pencil skirt to a mini! Instead of folding the flap like in the picture, later in the day I folded it inward so the stripes wouldn't conflict with each other. I wore flats because I was at work, but you can always wear a bold heel or sandal that compliments these colors!

Get this look:
Coral Drape Back Top- Forever 21+ (Sold Out, but they offer similar tops)
Striped Fold-Over Skirt- Torrid 
Teal Belt (Off Another Skirt)- Torrid (Sold Out) 

No comments:

Post a Comment